This page describe how to help Replicant if you have some time at hand.
Issue tracker and this page¶
- Merge the Features, bug and support trackers
- Make the issue tracker more clear
- Describe the project priorities and the required hardware if any
Project focus¶While supporting many common (Samsung) phones and tablets is relatively easy and fast to do, we think that it's way more important to support devices that are better for freedom:
- Many Samsung devices we do support have an isolated modem, however we can't free their bootloader because it is signed.
- Devices like the GTA04, the LG Optimus black don't have that bootloader issue, while still having an isolated modem.
We therefore strongly advise to pick tasks that would advance this goal.
We however still accept contributions for devices with isolated modems and non-free bootloader.
Tasks that don't require specific hardware¶
- Fix the security vulnerabilities reported in the issue tracker (Very important).
- Make it easy to rebuild the prebuilt toolchain and binaries (Important).
- Improve graphics speed and completeness (Feature #1491) (Important if it can benefits devices with free bootloaders).
- Improve software video decoding (Feature #1521) (Less important)
- Clean the ReplicantWallpapers code and use modern Trebuchet-like wallpaper selector (Feature #1527)
- Make it easy to build and release a Replicant Development Tools package (equivalent to ADT) from the Replicant source code -> ADTBuild (Feature #1551)
- Make it easy to build and release a Replicant NDK from the Replicant source code -> NDKBuild (Feature #1545)
- Figure out the BCM4751 GPS protocol and write a free implementation (Feature #1473) (Important since it affects many devices, including the optimus black).
- Improve various aspects of Samsung-RIL (add support for missing features and/or correct bugs) (Issue #1485)
- Add the missing audio scenarios for bluetooth (AD2P, calls, etc), dock audio for the Galaxy S2 (I9100) (#1497)
- Make the GSD4t GPS work (Feature #1479)
Wiki License: Creative Commons BY-SA