Project

General

[n7100] - Sim card no more recognize

Added by Emmett Brown about 2 months ago

Hi,

I'm using replicant 6.0003 on my N7100 since 2018.
Everything works well until yesterday : My simcard is no more recognize !
The simcard is one year old

Yesterday, I took my phone and realize that I hadn't signal, but the name of my provider (Bouygues - French Provider) was still write on the screen.
I reboot my phone, but the problem wasn't resolved.
I removed the sim card, boot the phone : the name of the provider was still write, but no signal.
I wasn't able to change any parameter in the menu : change 3g to 2g, change provider etc ... each menu is in grey
I tried to enable and disable modem with the script provide on the replicant website but no effect
T tried wipe cache : no effect
I tried to install 6.0004 RC1 : no effect, but now, the name of the provider desappear
I tried to install 6.0003 : no effect

I tried an other simcard, but same provider : no effect
I tried my simcard on an other phone : it works

I don't know what happened and what to do :(

Thanks for your help

Emmett

Replies (9)

RE: [n7100] - Sim card no more recognize - Added by Kurtis Hanna about 2 months ago

Hello Emmett,

Can you confirm that you did a full data wipe when installing 6.0004 rc1?

Cordially,
Kurtis

RE: [n7100] - Sim card no more recognize - Added by Emmett Brown about 2 months ago

hello !

Yes, I did a full data wipe.

Thanks

Emmett

RE: [n7100] - Sim card no more recognize - Added by Fervi Verus about 2 months ago

Do you have a full backup of your ROM / Stock ROM? I think your EFS partition is broken (I have that once, but not in Replicant)

RE: [n7100] - Sim card no more recognize - Added by Emmett Brown about 2 months ago

Hi !

Thanks for your answer.
I can take a look around this.

But I supposed the EFS partition is not broken because everything worked well until now.

As I said, my phone worked well for 2 years with replicant 6.0003.
Everything worked fine. I let my phone on my desk. Two hours later, I just wanted to see if I had notification, and I discovered that my phone didn't had no signal.

The problem didn't appeared after flashing rom.
It appears because of ... forgiven it on my desk during two hours ?

It's very strange !

RE: [n7100] - Sim card no more recognize - Added by Fil Lupin about 2 months ago

Hi Emmett,
could you write us the content of files /efs/FactoryApp/serial_contains and /efs/FactoryApp/hw_ver?

The folder /efs/FactoryApp/ doesn't have the file "serial_contains"
The files are :
baro_delta
batt_cable_count
earjack_count
epen_count
factorymode
fdata
hist_nv
hw_ver
keydtr
prepay
serial_no
test_nv

The content of "hw_ver" is "MP 1.300"

Hi everybody

I just flash the stock rom and I proud to say "I've got signal!!"
But I'm also sad to say "I don't know why my phone loose the signal with replicant"

Now, I have to flash a replicant rom.

So, one more question : what is the best choice between 0003 and 0004 RC1 for a daily use ?
With 0004 RC1, I understood that F-droid wasn't included. How can we install app without f-droid ?

I red this " [[https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/F-DroidAndApplications]] "
Do I have to understand that it's better to download myself apk and to take time to see if it's compliant with FSDG instead of using F-Droid ?

Thanks in advance

Emmett

RE: [n7100] - Sim card no more recognize - Added by Fervi Verus about 2 months ago

Glad to hear ;)

I use Replicant 0004 RC1. Works ;)
You can install F-Droid from f-droid website.

In Replicant 0004 RC1 you have optimized LLVMPipe renderer, so you can run more applications (but still slow ... because software rendering). For example - Firefox.
But most cases are the same.

Thank you very much

I just installed 6.0004RC1

The only thing I had to do was to do a "adb kill-server && sudo adb start-server" because I hadn't root permissions to save /EFS partition

Everything seems to be fine now :-D

(1-9/9)