Galaxy S3 Neo i9301i
Is it possible to install Replicant to the Galaxy S3 Neo i9301i? Since it's only a slightly changed version (1,5 GB RAM) of the Galaxy S3? Can someone confirm this? It's kind of hard to get old devices like the galaxy s3 new with a warranty? The s3 neo is still available for purchase.
RE: Galaxy S3 Neo i9301i - Added by Paul Kocialkowski over 7 years ago
It seems very unlikely that the device is that similar. It might look the same but have completely different hardware inside.
If the CyanogenMod i9300 zip works on your device, then Replicant will probably work as well. Now I doubt anyone has tested Replicant on your device yet, so you may have more luck finding out about CyangogenMod.
RE: Galaxy S3 Neo i9301i - Added by Bruno Haible over 7 years ago
> It might look the same but have completely different hardware inside.
Indeed. Compare http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Neo_id8584 and http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III_id6330, and you'll see that the system chip is said to be a "Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 8226", whereas it was a "Samsung Exynos 4 (4412)" in the original Galaxy S 3.
In TargetsEvaluation the other device with a Qualcomm Snapdragon is marked as "Really BAD". Does the same evaluation hold for all devices with a Qualcomm Snapdragon?
RE: Galaxy S3 Neo i9301i - Added by Linus Drumbler over 7 years ago
Does the same evaluation hold for all devices with a Qualcomm Snapdragon?
Most likely yes.
RE: Galaxy S3 Neo i9301i - Added by My Self over 7 years ago
I've read in a forum a few months ago, that there isn't any compatible (CWM) recovery for that device.
So there could start the trouble...
RE: Galaxy S3 Neo i9301i - Added by tristan k about 7 years ago
Thanks. I somehow got hold of a i9300 through ebay.
RE: Galaxy S3 Neo i9301i - Added by David Hedlund over 4 years ago
Galaxy S3 Neo variants¶
- GT-I9300I - http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/galaxy-s/GT-I9300MBIMID/
- GT-I9301I - http://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/model/GT-I9301MBIXFE
- GT-I9300I has: Dual SIM
CyanogenMod and LineageOS ROMs for Galaxy S3 Neo¶There are unofficial CyanogenMod (now LineageOS) ROMs for Galaxy S3 Neo (Source: https://www.lineageosroms.org/forums/forum/samsung/galaxy-s3-neo-i9300i-i9301i-i9301q/):
- CyanogenMod 12 (Apr 23, 2015)
- CyanogenMod 12.1 (May 18, 2015)
- CyanogenMod 13 (Jul 30, 2016)
- LineageOS 13 (Feb 2, 2017)
- LineageOS 14.1 (Sep 24, 2017)
Compare Galaxy S3 (i9300) vs. Galaxy S3 Neo (i9300i)¶
- Galaxy S3: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/model/GT-I9300RWDSLK
- Galaxy S3 Neo: http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/galaxy-s/GT-I9300MBIMID/
- Galaxy S3: May 2012
- Galaxy S3 Neo: April 2014
- Galaxy S3: Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Galaxy S3 Neo: Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to 4.4.4 (KitKat)
Chipset¶The Snapdragon Chipset in Galaxy S3 neo is not slower according to this benchmark: https://www.notebookcheck.net/4412-Quad-vs-400-MSM8226_3331_4978.247596.0.html
- Galaxy S3: "Average Benchmarks Samsung Exynos 4412 Quad → 100%"
- Galaxy S3 Neo: "Average Benchmarks Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8226 → 97%"
- Galaxy S3: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9
- Galaxy S3 Neo: Quad-core 1.2 or 1.4 GHz Cortex-A7
- Galaxy S3: 16/32/64 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Galaxy S3 Neo: 16 GB, 1.5 GB RAM
- Galaxy S3: Micro-SIM
- Galaxy S3 Neo: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Galaxy S3: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Galaxy S3 Neo: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Galaxy S3: Up to 590 h (2G) / Up to 790 h (3G)
- Galaxy S3 Neo: Up to 330 h (2G) / Up to 340 h (3G)
- Galaxy S3: Up to 21 h 40 min (2G) / Up to 11 h 40 min (3G)
- Galaxy S3 Neo: Up to 14 h (3G)
- Battery: 56% better
- WLAN: DLNA
- RAM: 33% better
- SIM: Dual SIM
- OS: Upgradable to Android 4.4.4