Project

General

Samsung Galaxy 3 upgrade to 6.0-0004 leads to process.acore stop

Added by Fritz Bauer 4 months ago

Hey everybody!

I have just tried to upgrade on my Samsung Galaxy 3 from 6.0-0003 to 6.0-0004 rc5. What I did:

1. flashed recovery 6.0-0004-rc5-transition
  2. transfered and updated to 6.0-0004-rc5-transition
  3. flashed recovery 6.0-004-rc5
  4. MISTAKE: transfered and tried to update wrong file (for Samsung Galaxy S2), update stopped with error (told me which device this is for...)
  5. transfered and updated to 6.0-0004-rc5 correct file

This completed but now I get android.process.acore stopped message whenever I want to dial or access contacts.

Did I blow it? Is there a recovery without wiping the system?

Thx for help! Fritz

Replies (1)

RE: Samsung Galaxy 3 upgrade to 6.0-0004 leads to process.acore stop - Added by Fritz Bauer 4 months ago

okay, now I totally crashed it, I guess. I tried to do a total new installation, following the wiki installation page. But installing the operating system does not work with any of the options:
  1. microSD: The recovery menu does not show a 'Choose from sdcard1' option ...???
  2. adb: How could I tell the device to allow adb access, there are no settings/developeroptions in the recovery...?
  3. internet: not connected...!!!
  4. internal storage: Choose from emulated now (that I tried full factory reset) brings me back to main recovery menu, before I did not have anything on it.
    I copied the image on the sd card, but I cannot reach it....
    So, did I brick it???
    Thx for help or expressions of condolences...
    (1-1/1)