Forums » Replicant installation »
Samsung Galaxy 3 upgrade to 6.0-0004 leads to process.acore stop
Added by Fritz Bauer 8 months ago
I have just tried to upgrade on my Samsung Galaxy 3 from 6.0-0003 to 6.0-0004 rc5. What I did:
- flashed recovery 6.0-0004-rc5-transition
- transfered and updated to 6.0-0004-rc5-transition
- flashed recovery 6.0-004-rc5
- MISTAKE: transfered and tried to update wrong file (for Samsung Galaxy S2), update stopped with error (told me which device this is for...)
- transfered and updated to 6.0-0004-rc5 correct file
This completed but now I get android.process.acore stopped message whenever I want to dial or access contacts.
Did I blow it? Is there a recovery without wiping the system?
Thx for help! Fritz
RE: Samsung Galaxy 3 upgrade to 6.0-0004 leads to process.acore stop - Added by Fritz Bauer 8 months ago
okay, now I totally crashed it, I guess. I tried to do a total new installation, following the wiki installation page. But installing the operating system does not work with any of the options:
- microSD: The recovery menu does not show a 'Choose from sdcard1' option ...???
- adb: How could I tell the device to allow adb access, there are no settings/developeroptions in the recovery...?
- internet: not connected...!!!
- internal storage: Choose from emulated now (that I tried full factory reset) brings me back to main recovery menu, before I did not have anything on it.
I copied the image on the sd card, but I cannot reach it....
So, did I brick it???
Thx for help or expressions of condolences...
RE: Samsung Galaxy 3 upgrade to 6.0-0004 leads to process.acore stop - Added by Soufsouf Jacknet about 1 month ago
Ok i have encourter the same thing but i read the documentation before
To upgrade from Replicant 6.0 0003:
You will first need to prepare your device for the migration of the contact database. See the MigrateContactsDatabase article for the instructions on how to do that.
Then once this is done, for migrating to Replicant 6.0 0004, you will need to read the AndroidSystemKeyMigration article before following the MinorVersionUpgrade installation instructions.
Then you will need to restore your contacts. See the MigrateContactsDatabase article again for that.
I think is the wrong thing See the MigrateContactsDatabase article
Thank for all because your message help me