Project

General

Any local two way file sync app?

Added by ariel enter 4 months ago

Does any body know of a good two way local file sync app between and android device and a computer? I found a program called adb-sync from google, but it's two way sync is very limited. Its two way sync doesn't account for deleted files for example.

I'm currently working on a bash script that uses find and stat in conjunction with a log book to determine changes, deletions and even name changes on files to make better synchronizations.

I'll post my work here once I finish it, but I fear that using bash would really limit its scope since it will be so dependent of the right version and encoding of the programs used both in the android device and the computer. I know I should use something else like python like the a for mention google adb-sync but I'm afraid I'm only familiar with bash and for know its easier for me.

Any way, if someone knows of a program that exist already will really save me a lot of work and time. Thank you.

Replies (4)

RE: Any local two way file sync app? - Added by ariel enter 4 months ago

Thanks a lot Nichlas, I was sure I searched on f-droid already. Maybe I missed it. Thank you. I'll check it out.

RE: Any local two way file sync app? - Added by Nichlas Severinsen 4 months ago

Not sure if that's what you're looking for and I have not actually tested it on Replicant. If it's not what you're looking for I can probably help maintain or port your bash script to Python.

RE: Any local two way file sync app? - Added by ariel enter 4 months ago

I think I'll end up my bash script and let you know. Thank you very much.

(1-4/4)