Update Replicant USB Networking Page
I confirmed F-Droid 0.102.1 works with USB networking again. (I did have to enable my Cell network to upgrade from 0.102, however before re-enabling USB networking I restarted my phone and network configuration to make sure I wasn't accidently performing the "work around" solution that recommends downgrading to 0.101.
Also, you should add that on many phones 'adb root' needs to be run before executing any adb commands. Otherwise users will be greeted with the heart warming "Permission Denied" error.
Also also, I'd try clarifying the setting up connection on the PC step which asks you to change a network's IPv4 setting to "Shared to other computers". The simplest solution in my opinion is to make a short video or take a screenshot, however having step-by-step text for NetworkManager seems also appropriate. I.e.:
1. Click on NetworkManager icon/applet and press the "edit" button on the bottom of the menu
2. Examine your wired network connections the one talking to your phone. One of them (usually the highest numbered like "wired connection 3") should be trying to establish a DHCP connection over USB.
3. Highlight said connection and click the "Edit" button and then navigate to the "IPv4 Settings" tab.
4. Under the "Method" option change "Automatic (DHCP)" to "Shared to other computers". NetworkManager should now indicate a solid connection between the phone and your computer.
5. (Optional) Once you've confirmed the connection works by running the "start2" script command it might be wise to rename that wired connection to something obvious like "Replicant Helper". This can be done by changing the "Connection name" field at the top of the wired connection's "Edit" window
Hope no one else