Make Replicant be able to use external Wii dongles from the settings UI
(Total: 0.00 h)
Type of work:
- Android uses wpa_supplicant
- Android probably talks to wpa_supplicant trough a control interface (ctrl_interface) in the wpa_supplicant configuration file.
- wpa_supplicant can be started and controlled from shell scripts.
- busybox can probably still be compiled for Android 6.0.
- Busybox has a tiny version of udev called mdev, which can run scripts when a device is detected. It is probably very easy, with it, to run a script when an ath9k_htc compatible wifi card is detected.
- As far as I understand, Android doesn't have a dev manager like udev, so using mdev would probably not conflict with other things.
It may be possible to integrate external wifi support well enough to make it transparent for the user once the wifi dongle is plugged in.