Error-prone and confusing touchscreen interface in recovery
Hi,Replicant 6.0 recovery handles the touscreen in at least the following devices:
- Tapping the screen has no impact
- Swiping on the screen from top to bottom or bottom to top results in the menu entries being selected as one would expect when using a mouse scroll button.
- Swiping the screen fomm left to right results in the entry being selected
- It is way easier to accidentally select some menu entries with this new behavior.
- The issue is even worse for people not expecting such behavior.
- Replicant 4.2 recoveries didn't handle touscreen input, so previous replicant 4.2 users would probably not expect such behavior.
Updated by Wolfgang Wiedmeyer over 6 years ago
- Priority changed from Urgent to Normal
Swiping should not be used and it's also not explained like this in the installation instructions. Should this be more clear in the instructions?
Tapping on menu entries as usual should work. Options like full factory reset open up another menu where the user is asked for confirmation. "No" is selected there by default. So usual measures against accidentally selecting an option are applied.
Updated by Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli over 5 years ago
I'm not sure, I'll try to test it.
In any case, if we're going to keep the touch interface at least until we fix it for good, we should also update the installation instructions to prevent users from loosing their data accidentally.