Error-prone and confusing touchscreen interface in recovery
Type of work:
C programming, Wiki editions
Hi,Replicant 6.0 recovery handles the touscreen in at least the following devices:
- Tapping the screen has no impact
- Swiping on the screen from top to bottom or bottom to top results in the menu entries being selected as one would expect when using a mouse scroll button.
- Swiping the screen fomm left to right results in the entry being selected
- It is way easier to accidentally select some menu entries with this new behavior.
- The issue is even worse for people not expecting such behavior.
- Replicant 4.2 recoveries didn't handle touscreen input, so previous replicant 4.2 users would probably not expect such behavior.