Write upgrade instructions from Replicant 6.0 0003 to Replicant 6.0 0004 (incompatible /data partition)
Updated by Fil Bergamo 11 months ago
- Assignee set to Fil Bergamo
- Estimated time set to 10.00 h
I can take care of testing the instructions on the following devices:
- i9100 (Samsung Galaxy S2)
- i9300 (Samsung Galaxy S3 GSM)
- N7100 (Samsung Galaxy Note2)
- N5110 (Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi)
- P3100 (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GSM)
Updated by Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli 20 days ago
- Subject changed from make sure that the upgrade instructions work for Replicant 6.0 0004 to Write upgrade instructions from Replicant 6.0 0003 to Replicant 6.0 0004 (incompatible /data partition)
The upgrade instructions don't work.
The data/ partition is incompatible and the application data need to be backed up and restored.
Updated by Kurtis Hanna 16 days ago
Is there any reason why we shouldn't add installation instructions where TWRP is used? A user reported that it can be used to install Replicant without a PC. https://redmine.replicant.us/boards/3/topics/14715
It is my understanding that TWRP is free software, but they have an android app in Google Play that isn't free software.