ContributorsMeetingJuly2019 » History » Revision 103
« Previous |
| Next »
Grim Kriegor, 07/27/2019 12:33 AM
Replicant contributors meeting the 27,28 July in France¶
The meeting will take place the 27 and 28 July 2019.
The event will take place in the April office. April is an association for the defense and promotion of free software.
Precise location: April, 44/46 rue de l'Ouest, bâtiment 8, 75014 Paris (It's accesible through the "place de la Catalogne", on the left of the "Biocoop" supermarket). Select "April" on the intercomm.
Phone number of the April office: 01 78 76 92 80.
The April office is relatively close to the Gare Montparnasse railway station.
In addition to trains, Gare Montparnasse railway station has also, in the same building, there is a metro station where you can access the metro lines 4, 6, 12 and 13.
On Friday, a dinner will take place.
Dinner meeting time: From 18h30 to 18h45
Dinner meeting location: Near the Montparnasse tower . The Montparnasse tower is very close to the Montparnasse railway station.
At 18h45 we will try to find a Restaurant nearby.
The two main airports near Paris are the Roissy Charles de Gaulle International Airport and the Paris Orly Airport.
Roissy Charles de Gaulle International Airport <-> Gare Montparnasse railway station¶
To get to the Gare Montparnasse railway station from the Roissy Charles de Gaulle International Airport by public transportation, you can take the RER B metro line up to the Denfert-Rochereau station where you can take the line 6 up to the Gare Montparnasse railway station.
Paris Orly Airport <-> Gare Montparnasse railway station¶
To get to the Gare Montparnasse railway station from the Paris Orly Airport by public transportation, you can take the Orlyval up to the Antony stop, and from there take the RER B metro line up to the Denfert-Rochereau station where you can take the line 6 up to the Gare Montparnasse railway station.
More information¶Wikivoyage has a page on Paris and France which have many practical information such as:
- Visa and other border requirements
- How to stay safe
- The climate
- Information on the public transportation
- SIM cards
It also has pages on the Roissy Charles de Gaulle International Airport and the Paris Orly Airport with more details on the public transportation lines to use to go to Paris, which tickets to buy, etc.
Contacting the organizers¶
You can use the Replicant private contact mail address in advance to obtain the cellphone number of an organizer to be able to use it in case of issue (like being lost, not finding the location of the meeting, etc).
|Topic||Time and dependencies||Status||Rationale|
|Replicant history: WIP source code|| * Has some context that might be useful for new Replicant contributors
* Has information on the relationship between Replicant and GNU/Linux
|Porting AOSP for a new device||Should be in the beginning / before technical talks. Can be after Replicant history presention.|
|Replicant and bootloaders: Source code pdf||* The Galaxy SIII (and similar devices) bootloader status is complicated and relevant to Replicant 9|
| Replicant and modems:
* Source code
* Introduction pdf
* Samsung IPC PDF
* oFono based Java RIL pdf
|* Meant to enable new contributors to work on the modem part|
|Discussions on the bootloader situation on the Galaxy SIII and similar smartphones||After the talk on the bootloaders|
| Discussions on minimal requirement to accept a device in Replicant:
* Do we still accept devices with modems that are not isolated?
* Do we have plan to require free software bootloaders?
* Do we require replacable batteries?
|After the talk on modems and bootloaders|
| Discussions on the future of Replicant:
* Which devices do we target
* Do we continue focusing on devices with signed bootloaders
* Allwinner tablets, upstream Linux, and scalability
* Devices with non-replacable batteries
|After the talk on Replicant history|
| Discussion about Upstream components, design choices, and cultural re-appropriation of technology
* Issues when combining together different build systems (Example: Android build system with Kconfig)
* Sharing work with GNU/Linux to enable more political control and cultural re-appropriation of mobile device in the long run, and the risk associated with it
* Android upstream anti-features and political design choices
* How subjective security is, threat models, and the difference between free software and device maker point of view
|Please take a look at Upstream before attending if possible.|
|Graphics acceleration on Replicant||Should optimally be before Paul leaves|
- On Sunday, the April offices will be closed at 16h, so we need to already have packed everything and left the room at this time.
Still being defined, to be confirmed¶
Saturday: 10:00 -> 17:00 (possibly continuing to the night)?
Sunday: 10:00 -> 14:00?
Poll for using the April offices: https://framadate.org/ReplicantContributorMeetingJuly2019RoomOccupation
- The Graphic stack in Replicant 9
- Porting Replicant to Android 9 by Joonas Kylmälä?
- A discussion about Upstream components, design choices, and cultural re-appropriation of technology?
- How subjective security is, threat models, and the difference between free software and device maker point of view
- Sharing work with GNU/Linux to enable more political control and cultural re-appropriation of mobile device in the long run, and the risk associated with it
- Android upstream anti-features and political design choices
- Issues when combining together different build systems (Example: Android build system with Kconfig)
Over a cup of coffee:¶
- Fil is available for informal chatting about RepWifi
- It would be a good idea to put your name on a sticker on the device if possible
|GNUtoo||Galaxy SIII (I9300) with the stock bootloader|
|Galaxy SIII 4G (I9305) with the stock bootloader|
|Galaxy SIII 4G (I9305) with u-boot|
|Galaxy Nexus (I9250) with the stock bootloader|
|Galaxy SII (I9100) with the stock bootloader|
|Optimus black (P970)|
|GTA01||Used in a presentation about Replicant history|
|N900||Testing the battery charger driver is still needed but require a heavy PSU|
|Fil||Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) stock bootloader||[Working] Available for non-critical tests|| * Test the upstream touchkey driver
* Bring a Parabola microSD (GNUtoo)
* Test the patch with an I9300
* Rebase the patch on master or linux-next
|Galaxy SIII (I9300) stock bootloader||[Working] Test Subject available for any experiment|
|Galaxy SIII (I9300) stock bootloader||[Bricked] available for hardware hacking||* Test fixing the phone|
|Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT P3100)||Property of the Replicant Project||* Add support for it in the BackupTheEFS instructions|
|Paulk||Galaxy Note (N7000)||* Add support for it in the BackupTheEFS instructions|
|Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100)||* Add support for it in the BackupTheEFS instructions|
|Looking for a Galaxy Note 8.0 (N5100)||* Add support for it in the BackupTheEFS instructions|
|Add devices you can bring here or you want other to bring||Add comments, requirements, etc||Add what you want to do with the device or other people's device|
|GNUtoo||Serial port cable with variable resistors|
|Simtrace 1: Can get the dialog between the modem and the SIM card in wireshark|
|SIM card that is not recognized in Replicant (STK related?)|
|SIM card + phone that can trigger the audio call issue|
|Sigrok compatible adjustable power supply||Not sure to bring it (heavy)|
|Fil||SIM card that is not recognized in Replican 6|
Updated by Grim Kriegor over 3 years ago · 103 revisions