GalaxyNote2N7105 » History » Revision 10
Galaxy Note II 4G (GT-N7105)¶
- Table of contents
- Galaxy Note II 4G (GT-N7105)
|Galaxy Note II 4G (GT-N7105)
|None as this model is not supported yet
|The GT-N7105 is not supported yet
While that device is Very similar to the Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100), some peripherals are wired differently on the two boards, and the two boards have different cellular modems.
Replicant 6.0¶To get partially supported by Replicant 6.0 we can either:
- validate that the device boots with the GT-N7100 images. The downside is that the images would have support for libsamsung-ipc that could probably be disabled after boot, but it would make the installation instructions more complicated than they should be.
- Building images for it without libsamsung-ipc. That would be better. Ideally we could also look if the ofono ril has some support for its modem and the one for the Galaxy SIII 4G (I9305).
For Replicant 9¶
As it uses the same dts as the GT-N7100, it might just be possible to make an image without modem support for it, however the GT-N7100 also need to be added in Replicant 9, which requires to port (and upstream!) some display drivers.
- TODO: Verify if we can install Replicant it
- TODO: Verify if we also have the same compass calibration than with the Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) (GalaxyNote2N7100CompassCalibration)
- See the the UART page for the information on how to get a very early boot console.
|Samsung Exynos 4412 Quad
|Linux kernel support
TODO: complete this hardware table
|supported by heimdall
- GalaxyNote2N7105Pit: Galaxy Note II (GT-N7105) PIT (a partition table)
- system fstab: TODO
- recovery fstab: TODO
Freedom and privacy/security issues¶Freedom issues on the Galaxy Note II 4G (N7105):
- Proprietary hardware
- Proprietary firmwares, some of which have to be loaded by the system: GalaxyNote2N7105LoadedFirmwares
- Proprietary modem system
- Proprietary bootrom
- Proprietary and signed bootloader: GalaxyNote2N7105Bootloader
Privacy/security issues on the Galaxy Note II 5G (N7105): GalaxyNote2N7105PrivacySecurityIssues