GalaxyS3I9300PrivacySecurityEvaluation » History » Revision 4
Note that this information may or may not be exhaustive.
It also may or may not contain all known issues or good point about this device.
- The hardware is proprietary.
- Some peripherals do require proprietary firmwares to work, some of which have to be loaded by the system: GalaxyS3I9300LoadedFirmwares
- The bootrom code (which is read-only by definition) is proprietary.
- The bootloader is proprietary and signed: GalaxyS3I9300Bootloader
- The modem is isolated:
- It doesn't use shared memory with the CPU, instead it uses an "HSIC" bus.
- We are not aware of it being able to access the GPS, but it woulnd't be surprising if it still could (by having a direct connection to it).
- It has no access to the other CPU peripherals.
- The modem runs non-free software, which is loaded but not shipped by Replicant.
- When using flight mode, The main CPU has to ask the modem to power itself off.