- Table of contents
- Replicant Wiki
- Supported devices
- Replicant status
- Replicant installation and update
- Replicant usage
- Replicant build
- Contributing to Replicant
- Project history
Welcome to the Replicant wiki, which provides information about Replicant, supported devices and research about other mobile devices and platforms.
For more information about Replicant, head over to the Replicant website.
You can help improving the wiki! Wiki editor privileges can be requested by contacting the developers. A short description of the changes and additions you want to make is needed as part of the request. The wiki guidelines should be followed.
Unless specified otherwise, the information displayed in this wiki is only relevant to the latest Replicant version. Do not assume backwards compatibility of the instructions with old versions of Replicant.
- Galaxy S II (GT-I9100)
- Galaxy S III (GT-I9300)
- Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
- Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)
- Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250)
- Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P31xx)
- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P51xx)
- Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N51xx)
- WhatCanIDoIfMyDeviceIsNotSupported: This page explains what you can do if your device is not in the list above.
Replicant installation and update¶Installation instructions:
- ReplicantInstallation: How to install Replicant for the first time.
- Minor version upgrade: How to upgrade to a new release from the same Replicant version (like from 6.0 0003 to 6.0 0004).
- ReplicantReleaseNotes: Important information for updating to specific releases (like from Replicant 6.0 0003 to Replicant 6.0 0004).
- ImagesIdentification: How to find out which Replicant version you are running
- BackupTheEFS: Instructions to backup the modem data partition on devices with such partition
- Recovery installation with Heimdall: New 'generic' instructions to install (or upgrade) the recovery with Heimdall.
- WifiAdapter: Using WiFi with an USB WiFi adapter
- EthernetAdapter: Using Ethernet with an USB Ethernet adapter
- ReplicantUSBNetworking: Replicant USB Networking
- Graphics: Graphics rendering on Replicant
- Screenshots: Taking screenshots
- ADB: Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
- SSH: OpenSSH
- ModemDisable: Really deactivating the modem
- UsageNotes: General-purpose usage notes and tips
- Safe mode: How to enter Android's safe mode (useful for devices stuck in a boot loop).
- RestoreEfsNvDataBackupFile: Experimental instruction to fix a very 'light' corruption in the modem data partition.
See the device pages for device-specific usage information.
Replicant build¶Main build instructions for Replicant images:
- Generic Replicant 6.0 Build: Instruction to build Replicant 6.0
- Replicant 6.0 build dependencies installation
- Replicant source code
Contributing to Replicant¶There are many different ways to contribute to Replicant depending on your skills and available time or other resources
- Financial contributions can be made via our fiscal sponsor, The Free Software Foundation.
- DeviceDonnations: Which devices are needed for development and how to get devices
- Tasks to improve Replicant
- Tasks to fund: draft on a new task page which includes tasks that can be funded
- Developer guide
- Tools installation
- Workshops: How to organize a Replicant workshop
- DeviceDocumentationChecklist: Information on where to add information about a supported device.
Some device pages also have development sections.
This section contains link to pages that organize the wiki in topics.
For instance the Debugging page has links to wiki pages topics related to debugging, like how to obtain logs, etc.
- Android: Portal about the Android architecture
- Bootloaders: Portal about bootloaders topic
- Building: Portal about building Replicant
- CellularModem: Portal about the cellular modems
- Debugging: Portal about getting logs, and debugging
- Devices: Portal about the devices and their variants
- UsingReplicant: Portal with various information on how to use Replicant
- Security: Portal about various security topics
Replicant porting guides¶
Freedom privacy and security research¶
- Details about the Samsung Galaxy back-door, that affects some Samsung Galaxy devices
- AntiFeatures: anti-features inherited by upstream.
- Location Tracking Research on how to avoid location tracking
- Trust Zone: Research on TrustZone
- Modem isolation research: Information on freedom, privacy and security issues on the topic, and research on how to mitigate the issues.
- The device pages also contain hardware-specific research and a freedom and privacy/security evaluation for the respective device.
- DevicesPictures: Pictures of devices and their internals
- AcademicPapersAndPresentations: Link to various academic papers, or presentations of researchs and their summaries
Hardware components support research¶
Research on how to support specific hardware components (chips, various system on a chip, etc) in Replicant.
- AKM8976A support
- BCM4751 GPS protocol support
- Datasheets: List of public datasheets and reference manuals for the components used in smartphones Replicant wants to support or has to maintain in libsamsung-ipc.
- DangerousBatteryChargerExperiments: Plan to upstream a way to disable the battery charging. Please really do read the warnings.
- GSD4t GPS protocol support
- OMAP4 Ducati camera support
- PN544: NFC chips
- QMI-RIL QMI protocol support
- WiFi Research on how to get free software WiFi firmwares and USB OTG support
Device evaluations research¶
Device specific evaluation and research
- HardwareRequirements Documentation and research on Android hardware requirements
- TargetsEvaluation: Evaluation of various devices
- Exynos4412Devices: Page about devices with an Exynos 4412 and their variants.
- Galaxy Note II 4G (GT-N7105): Work in progress page to add information on GT-N7105.
- Galaxy S II (GT-I9100G): A version of the Galaxy SII
- Librem5Phone: Work in progress page to add information on the Librem5 smartphone.
- NECUNOS NC_1
- Odroid U3: Work in progress page to add information on Odroid U3.
- Optimus Black (P970) including development notes
- PinePhonev1.x: Work in progress page to add information on the Pinephone smartphone.
Software projects research (Upstream, dependencies, Replicant versions, etc)¶
- F-DroidAndApplications Research on how to get FSDG compliant package managers and applications
- Dependencies Development efforts to enable to build Replicant on various GNU/Linux distributions
- Graphics Research Research on free software graphics driver implementations
- Replican6Changes: List of changes made for Replican 6.0, and rebase over LineageOS 13
- samsung-ipc : List of changes and rebase
- PortingToAndroid11: Tracks the progress of porting Replicant to Android 11
- Upstream Research on approaches to use upstream Linux and generic HAL in Replicant
- Toolchain Development efforts to remove prebuilt binaries from the source tree
- BackupsResearch: Research on backups partitions for various purposes (Backuping your data, Replicant or to do some research)
- RootingDevices: Research on free software rooting
- ReplicantRCImages: Keeps tracks of changes between RC images
Bug documentation research¶
- Testing infrastructure How to create a test infrastructure for Replicant
- ReleasesKey: Research on schemes and good practices to sign Replicant release
- OutdatedPages Pages that are not used anymore. They are kept and linked from here for history purposes.
- GovernanceResearch Research on governance structures
- LegalResearch Research into various legal issues
- HardwareDocumentationResearch: Research to find hardware documentation
- IncompatibleApplicationsAndFeatures: list of features and applications that don't work yet with Replicant
- ReplicantVersions: List of known Replicant versions
- Fun: Songs, and other fun creations
The CommunityAndContact page has more information on the Mailing list, Forums, IRC and private / confidential contact address.
- Replicant artwork
- People: People that are interested in contributing in Replicant, that are contributing to it, or that have been contributing to it.
- ReplicantInfrastructure Description of the network infrastructure of Replicant (Redmine, git, etc), and the other project resources
- Presentations Presentations made on behalf of the Replicant project
- EventsMeetings planning for meetings and events at conferences
- SteeringCommittee: Replicant steering committee
- Funds: Fund usage
- ReplicantDecisions: General Project decisions (Technical decisions, project direction, etc)
- PublicPositions public positions of Replicant
- Tasks funding: Tasks that will be funded, are being funded or have been funded.
All the wikis in this Redmine instance are available under the Creative Commons BY-SA license.