Install or upgrade Replicant without a computer¶
Download the update file¶
1. Make sure the device is connected to the Internet
2. Navigate to https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/ReplicantImages with a web browser
3. In that page, find the lastest update file for your device, it will look like that:
For instance for the Samsung Galaxy S2, the update file will be named replicant-6.0-i9100.zip
4. Download the update file
5. When finished, check in the "Download" application if everything went fine. If it didn't, it will show some error message.
Reboot to recovery¶
1. Press the power button
2. Select Reboot
3. Select Recovery
4. Press OK
Apply the update¶
1. Select Apply update
2. Select Choose from emulated
3. Select the update file, which looks like that: replicant-6.0-<yourdevice>.zip
The file will usually be located in 0/Download, so select 0, then Download, then the file.
4. It may ask you to confirm the installation. If it is the case, confirm it.
5. Press the back key (if necessary) to get back to the general menu