Nowadays there are many documents that are legally and legitimately published, but still contain confidential markings.
This may be because someone forgot to remove them, or to publish the exact same document, or to save time and money, or for other reasons.
- ARM talk on WSI at XDC 2019
- The manufacturer product page for the pcDuino : still has confidential markings on their OS installation manual
- The PMTK GPS protocol also has confidential markings.
- The documentation of the eMMC used on Pine64 eMMC modules also has confidential markings.
- SGH-i317 / SGH-i317M / SGH-T889 https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/A3LSGHT889/1797529.pdf
- GT-I9300 http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/12384381-post16.html
- Vault 7 which even contains documents that are very interesting for Replicant like cadmium.pdf as they prove that signed bootloaders doesn't bring the security it's supposed to while attacking users freedom.
- Global surveillance disclosures
The Vault 7 and Snowden documents are in the public domain in the United States because it is a work prepared by an officer or employee of the United States Government as part of that person’s official duties under the terms of Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 105 of the US Code .