Minor version upgrade¶
WARNING: Do not wipe the data, do not do a factory reset¶
When updating to a new minor release (e.g. from Replicant 6.0 0001 to Replicant 6.0 0002), a data wipe is usually not required, so it is strongly advised not to wipe the data as all the applications settings and data would be gone. The guides below already take that into account.
Upgrade to a new Replicant version¶
There are several ways to update your device to a new minor release (e.g. from Replicant 6.0 0001 to Replicant 6.0 0002).This can be done by:
- downloading and installing the image on the device, without the need of a computer
- or by using a computer and a microSD to transfer and install the update file
- or by using a computer and the internal storage to transfer and install the update file
Reboot the device¶
Once the upgrade is done, you can then reboot the device.
In the recovery:
1. Press the back key (if necessary) to get back to the general menu
2. Select Reboot system now to reboot the device
3. Your device should now be updated!