RunningReplicant 9, 10 or 11¶
Replicant 9, 10 and 11 are currently a work in progress.
They support the following devices:
|Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300)||Boots, modem WIP|
|Galaxy SIII 4G (GT-I9305)||Boots, modem unsupported on Replicant 11, unfinished on Replicant 9 and 10|
- Make sure to have an EFS backup
- Also backup the modem firmware partition in case it gets corrupted (It happened to me a lot when developing)
- In addition some devices eMMC have a bug that isn't fixed in the Replicant 9 and 10 kernel, so Make sure to verify if your device is unaffected before booting Replicant 9 and 10.
- Also make sure to have another way to charge your Galaxy SIII if the battery becomes completely flat. Some PostmarketOS users had issues with that when using mainline kernels. For instance:
- Another Galaxy SIII running Replicant. GNUtoo typically does that to charge batteries when they are flat.
- An external charger. Some dock can charge batteries though we don't know if they are well made or not.