- Table of contents
- UsageNotes: General-purpose usage notes and tips
- FDroid: F-Droid
User control and security:¶
- EnablingRootAccess: Running applications or commands as root.
- DeviceEncryption: How to encrypt the data partition.
- ADB: Getting a shell on the device from your computer, through USB.
- SSH: OpenSSH
- TerminalEmulator: How to enable the builtin terminal emulator.
- WifiAdapter: Using WiFi with an USB WiFi adapter
- EthernetAdapter: Using Ethernet with an USB Ethernet adapter
- ReplicantUSBNetworking: Replicant USB Networking
- ModemDisable: Really deactivating the modem
Backup and restore data:¶
- BackupTheEFS: If the modem data partition (EFS) is lost or corrupted, the modem doesn't work anymore. So make sure to have at least one backup of it.
- BackupApplications: Applications to backup other applications data.
- RestoreApplicationInternalData: Backup an application data and restore it with the command line.
- BackupTheDataPartition: Backup and restore the complete data partition from the command line.
- Safe mode: How to enter Android's safe mode (useful for devices stuck in a boot loop).
- RestoreEfsNvDataBackupFile: Experimental instruction to fix a very 'light' corruption in the modem data partition.