Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli, 12/13/2020 07:59 PM
Re-add compatible with as wikidata as we can now describe hardware compatibility there.
|1||1||Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli||
|3||9||Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli||
|5||4||Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli||
h2. Bootloader projects
* [[BootloaderStatus]]: Upstream and downstream status of bootloader for various smartphones and tablets.
|9||3||Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli||
|11||2||Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli||
* [[LinuxSupportedDevices]]: Smartphones and tablets supported in Linux
|12||5||Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli||
* Exynos TODO list: https://exynos.wiki.kernel.org/todo_tasks . Has very important information such as "Fix entering AFTR (cpuidle) when some power domains are off." that could help avoid waisting many hours debugging some difficult issues.
|13||13||Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli|
We now have a proper way to express software and hardware compatibility in Wikidata:
* "comptible with":https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P8956 can be used to tell that a device is compatible with a dts file that is part of Linux for instance. Note that we want to avoid having Linux being compatible with way too many devices. Instead it's better to have the devices be compatible with Linux not to have a list of properties that is gigantic.
* Before other properties like "Platform":https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P400 were abused to express compatibility between hardware and software
* Other properties like "operating system":https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P306 also do exist